News and Reviews
Introducing the plug-in hybrid ford transit and tourneo!
- Arriving in mid-2020, Transit Custom Plug-In Hybrid van delivers 56 km zero-emission NEDC driving range, and more than 500 km NEDC total range using 1.0‑litre EcoBoost petrol engine range extender
- Advanced plug-in hybrid architecture features 13.6 kWh battery that can be charged with mains electricity for zero-emission driving – contributing to reduced local emissions
- Transit Custom Plug-In Hybrid delivers 1,130 kg net payload and unchanged 6.0 m3 load volume, facilitated by careful packaging of compact battery pack beneath the floor
- Epower Pack enables operation of high-power electrical equipment from battery
- New Transit Tourneo Titanium Plug-In Hybrid eight-seat people-mover delivers pure-electric driving capability, with relaxing, quiet and spacious rear compartment with premium leather-accented seats
New Zealand’s number one light commercial brand, Ford New Zealand, is introducing plug-in hybrid technology for zero-emission driving capability to the light commercial van segment, with the innovative new MY2020.5 Transit Custom Plug-In Hybrid and the MY2020.5 Tourneo Titanium Plug-In Hybrid eight-seat people-mover arriving mid-2020. Combining zero-emission driving capability and no range anxiety, the first-in-class Transit Custom Plug-In Hybrid van can be charged with mains electricity for a pure electric NEDC driving range of up to 56 km – contributing to reduced local emissions.
Ford is also introducing a new Tourneo Titanium Plug-In Hybrid eight-seat people-mover, utilising the same advanced powertrain technology. Offering superior levels of refinement in a spacious rear compartment with unique-in-segment conference seating, the Tourneo Custom Plug-In Hybrid makes an ideal executive shuttle for businesses.
“Our customers want electrified vehicles, but many still have concerns about infrastructure and range. The new Transit Custom and Tourneo Plug-In Hybrids deliver the same well-renowned productivity capabilities combined with the ability to drive on zero-emission electric power and anxiety free ability to make longer journeys,” said Simon Rutherford, Managing Director, Ford New Zealand.
Full specifications and pricing will be available closer to arrival.